International Festival for Business - Newly Confirmed Events
By Claire West, Fresh Business Thinking
The International Festival for Business 2014 (IFB2014) has added several new events to its ambitious programme, further enhancing its position as the UK’s most significant event for export and entrepreneurship.
IFB2014 will bring together representatives from almost every industry. New events announced cover a diverse range of sectors, from photography to education and construction to regeneration, all of which will complement the festival’s rich programme of trade events in Liverpool next June and July. IFB is expected to bring 250,000 visitors to the city region, and £100m of new inward investment to Britain.
The second wave of events announced today further strengthen the already impressive IFB programme, which features events such as the Global Leaders’ Summit, Accelerate 2014 and Made in the UK.
The newly confirmed events are:
• The Sony World Photographic Exhibition: The world’s largest photography awards and exhibition dedicated to supporting and cultivating photographic culture
• The International Trade Expo: The UK’s only business awards targeting importers and exporters, helping them to reach high growth and emerging markets
• All Our Futures: The unique event that unites Head Teachers around the world to provide high quality, exclusive insights into teaching and learning
• The UK Business Angel Awards: This prestigious event brings together leading players in the angel and early stage investment community to recognise and reward inspiring achievements
• TAF British Coatings Federation: The event which unites nationwide decision makers in the construction industry
• TAF NAPIT: An event set to attract over 400 trade installers to discuss the future advancements of their industries
• Regen Europe: A key event that explores the challenges faced by European towns and cities
The International Festival for Business is a 50-day, government backed festival that will be taking place between June and July 2014. It will connect UK businesses to new markets, new products and partners and will be a global showcase of great British industry.
The festival has received backing from some of the UK’s leading business organisations, including the Federation of Small Businesses, British Chambers of Commerce and UKTI. It forms a key part of the government’s ambition to promote economic growth, rebalance the economy and double UK exports by 2020.
British business champions and prominent entrepreneurs have also pledged their support for the festival, with IFB Ambassadors including former Tesco CEO Sir Terry Leahy, National Chairman of the Federation of Small Businesses John Allan and award-winning entrepreneurs and Ella’s Kitchen founder Paul Lindley.
Max Steinberg CBE, Chair of IFB, said:
“These latest events highlight the breadth of business audiences that the festival will bring together next summer, from large corporates to emerging start-ups, and across all sectors and industries.
“The City of Liverpool is proud to be hosting the most important business event in 2014, and it is a privilege to be at the forefront of ensuring Britain remains a leader on the global business map.”
John Allan, National Chairman, Federation of Small Businesses and IFB Ambassador, said:
“It’s vital that Britain’s small businesses receive the encouragement they need to start operating internationally. We are delighted to be taking part in the festival, which will play an important role in selling Great Britain and its businesses to the world.”
The International Festival for Business is the most exciting international business initiative of 2014 and International Trade Expo will be at its heart.
A two day expo with exhibitors, seminars, workshops and networking events designed to plug your business into the engine of international trade. Expert speakers, country profiles, advice clinics and innovative solutions for the challenges of doing business in the global market place. International Trade Expo is the event for everyone concerned with international trade.
International Trade Expo 10-11th June, Echo Arena, Liverpool
For more information visit www.internationaltradeexpo.co.uk